I know how jaunty it feels to buy your own vehicle, whether it is a simple car or a truck. But buying a vehicle is not that easy, as someone might think it is just a simple give and take of money. To buy a vehicle, especially if you are buying a per-owned vehicle, a lot of paperwork and documentation need to be done, for a successful transfer. And such documentation needed to be done to get legit ownership of a vehicle is termed as Title Transfer. This blog is dedicated to providing you information regarding the process of Title Transfer, what does Title only and Partial Year Registration mean, and how you could utilize the services of Global Multi Services for a quick and genuine Title Transfer.

How to Transfer a Title

Having a Title Transferred is not a complex process, but it’s not very easy either. You could gather a lot of information about Title Transfer on the internet like I am giving in this blog, but there is no option to file a Title Transfer online, for that you have to go to your state’s DMV office and file that in person or you could take the help of Global Multi Services. Still, I am going to list the documents essential for a Title Transfer, following:

  • A signed, notarized, completely, and properly filed Title Transfer application.
  • Proof of the vehicle’s insurance coverage.
  • A document of sale and all other documents provided by the seller.
  • The insurance policy along with your name and sign.
  • Driving license
  • Title Transfer fee and additional fees, in case you want an instant transfer.

If you are Transferring the Title from your spouse’s name to yours, or are inheriting it in any other way, you need to provide probate along with the court’s certification.

Please note that the deadline for a Title Transfer is a maximum of 30 days. That means as a buyer you might have to pay a late fee if you don’t get your Title Transferred within 30 days of its purchase.

Title Only

This section of the blog particularly concerns the truckers and trucking businesses, because Title Only services are usually for trailers, which does not require a transfer of registration but the Title Only. And the Title Only transfer further depends on the fact that whether the Trailer is going to be used for commercial purposes or not, and what is its weight category. In the registration process further, there are two kinds of registrations. One is registration on a lease, which could be for 1 to 5 years, and the other is permanent registration which is life long.

The non-commercial trailers with a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 lbs will be charged differently, for temporary and permanent registration, then the non-commercial trailers which have a gross vehicle weight of more than 10,000 lbs.

Partial Year Registration

The concept of Partial Year Registration is just to give flexibility to the consumers. As there used to be instances where the people do not want long-term ownership, so Partial Year Registration provides registration for any duration between 1-12 months. Those vehicles or pickups that weigh an unladen weight of 8,000 lbs and a gross vehicle weight of 10,001 lbs or less, have to pay a full registration fee along with a vehicle license, county, prorated unladen weight, and Partial Registration fees. The vehicles which weigh more than 10,001 lbs have to give the Cargo Theft Interdiction Program (CTIP) document, Commercial Vehicle Registration Act (CVRA) document, and the CVRA Decal fees, along with the prior document.

How Global Multi Services can help

Global Multi Services have proficient and skilled experts for all kinds of Trucking services. Plus, filing for Title Transfer is a very delicate process, and one wrong documentation could ruin the whole filing process, hence Global Multi Services will help you file the aptest Title Transfer, Title Only, and Partial Year Registration Documents.

Interstate or Intrastate Operating Authority

Are you planning to embark on a new trucking company? Have you decided what and where you want to haul? If so, that’s great. Now you need to get appropriate licensing and registration before start hauling your first load. However, most trucking business owners often get confused between trucking regulations i.e., Interstate Operating Authority and Intrastate Operating Authority. In this blog, we are going to steer clear of your doubts.

Interstate Operating Authority

Interstate operating authority is required by those companies that haul loads across state or national borders or haul someone else’s property for a profit. However, if your company runs under these two criteria, you still may or may not need to get interstate operating authority due to some exceptions. For instance, if you haul your own property across state borders, then you probably don’t require interstate operating authority.

Intrastate Operating Authority

On the other hand, companies that prefer to haul only in one state are more likely to require intrastate operating authority. Such companies still need proper registration, such as a DOT Number, which you can get with the help of Global Multi Services.

Though some companies make a profit while running intrastate, you could be missing out on lucrative opportunities with huge loads that go through multiple states.

Difference Between Operating Authority and DOT Number

A DOT Number is like your driver’s license number while operating authority or MC Number is an extra registration step to run your business in more than one state. We have thoroughly covered the difference between a DOT Number and an MC Number in this blog post.

How You Can Get Started

Getting an operating authority requires a lot of paperwork, which further needs time and attention to detail. The experts at Global Multi Services can help you register for the operating authority that suits the best to your trucking business. If you want to get in-depth information about how we can add value, feel free to approach us at +1 (209) 982-9996.