The DOT number is a unique identifier used by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) to effectively evaluate the safety practices of trucking agencies, owners, or operators. If you’re a new applicant, you must file form MCSA-1 online prior to starting your operations using the Unified Registration System (URS). Also, ensure that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) doesn’t accept paper applications from new applicants.
OBTAIN A USDOT NUMBER WITH THE HELP OF GLOBAL MULTI SERVICES
To obtain a USDOT Number, you have to go through a lot of technical information. Just one check mark in the wrong box or any other mistake while specifying your operations may cost you time as well as money. This is why we are here to provide you with step-by-step guidance. Our experts will walk you through the process of obtaining your USDOT Number hassle-free. We make sure that your application will be filed accurately and promptly. Other benefits of counting on us are:
- We assist in resolving issues related to DOT.
- We assist in filing Data Qs to eliminate wrong incidents or incorrect violations.
- We assist in the preparation and passing of safety audits.
- We assist in compliance reviews.
- We assist in IFTA/Registration audits.
- We assist in the transfer of operating authority.
- We assist in preparing and filing corrective action plans for failed safety audits.
- We assist in DOT reinstatement for interstate DOT Numbers or operating authority.
- We assist in rating upgrade requests for unsatisfactory or conditional compliance review ratings.
WHO NEEDS A USDOT NUMBER?
Organizations that operate commercial motor vehicles (CMV) to transport cargo or passengers across interstate commerce must have a unique number issued by the FMCSA. And you must display this DOT Registration Number and the name of the carrier’s legal company on both sides of the vehicle.
Besides federal regulations, more than 30 states require their intrastate commercial motor vehicle registrants to get a USDOT Number. These states are:
21. New Jersey
22. New York
25. North Carolina
30. Puerto Rico
31. South Carolina
35. West Virginia
If you are an intrastate motor carrier operator or driver, it is your responsibility to obtain a USDOT Number. Safety compliance and safe operations lead to secured lives and protected property.