The experts at Global Multi Services have profound experience in helping trucking companies obtain every kind of permit and run their operations seamlessly. Partner with us now and get all your permits quickly.



The IFTA permit is required for all the trucks having a gross weight of 26,000 lbs or more, or having three or more axles. IFTA facilitates filing taxes via multiples states. If you operate in two or more states or provinces, you can get benefits from the agreement. With IFTA, your base jurisdiction will be able to issue a single license to report and pay taxes for a single jurisdiction. It also allows you to file a single tax return per quarter with your home jurisdiction, which will audit your fuel tax records.


New Mexico Weight Distance Tax (WDT) is based on the mileage you cover on New Mexico highways. If your vehicles have a GVW of 26,000 lbs or more and travel in the highways of New Mexico, you require a New Mexico WDT permit and report the miles quarterly.


The Kentucky Highway Use Tax (KYU) is based on the miles traveled by your vehicles through Kentucky. You need a KYU license or permit if your vehicles have a gross weight of 60,000 lbs or more and operate in Kentucky.


The state of Oregon requires you to obtain a truck permit if your heavy trucks weigh more than 26,000 lbs and operate in Oregon. Once the permit is issued, you have to file reports monthly.


New York highway use tax (HUT) is imposed on the vehicles that travel on the public highways of New York. If your trucks has a gross vehicle weight of over 18,000 lbs and operate on the NY highways, then you must obtain HUT permit and file reports quarterly.


Motor carrier authority is required by trucking companies that:

Transport passengers in interstate commerce for direct/indirect fees or other compensation.
Transport federally-regulated items of another ownership or arrange their transport.
The carriers that operate within interstate commerce must have an MC number and a USDOT number.


The USDOT Number serves as a unique identification number while assessing your company’s safety information gathered during compliance reviews, inspections, audits, and crash investigations. Trucking companies that engage in transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must have a USDOT number.


The California Department of Transportation Number (CA DOT) is a specific number assigned to motor carriers by California Highway Patrol (CHP). Vehicles that operate in California must have a CA number.


The Motor Carrier Permit (MCP) is a document that serves as proof of the vehicle’s registration with the DMV of their CA number. This document verifies that the vehicle has met all the statutory requirements for insurance and registration and allows companies to operate their motor carriers on California Highways. The MCP contains specific information regarding the vehicle, such as name, CA number, mailing address, and the permit’s effective/expiration dates.


The Employer Pull Notice (EPN) provides your company with a quick way to monitor the driving record of employees. If you enroll in the EPN program, you will receive a requester code that will be added to the Drivers License. Once the DL is updated, all actions and activities of the employees will be recorded.


The Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) replaces the single state registration system. All trucking companies that operate in interstate commerce must pay annual fees based on their fleet size to supplement funding for state highway motor carrier registration and safety programs. All vehicles, including private, for-hire, or exempt, must register.


SCAC stands for Standard Carrier Alpha Code, a unique code issued by US Customer and Border Protection (CBP) for vehicle identification. Motor carriers that work with government agencies or institutions affiliated with the government must have SCAC. Moreover, vehicles that need the Pre Arrival Processing System (PAPS) stickers must obtain this unique code first. PAPS is a Cargo release system that helps CBT speed up the process and allows trucks to bring cargo and loads from Canada to the United States.


The BOC-3 is one of the requirements for trucking companies to secure operating authority and maintain uninterrupted interstate operations. All trucks for-hire, freight forwarders, and brokers must file BOC-3 with the FMCSA before their authority is issued. And no other person has the authority to file the BOC-3 form except a process agent.

Global Multi Services helps you obtain all the permits mentioned above and ensures that you haul freight legally while avoiding hefty fines.