A motor carrier permit is a document issued by the DMV”s Motor Carrier Services Branch to trucking companies that operate commercial motor carriers. This serves as proof that the motor carrier has registered their carrier identification number with the Department of Motor Vehicles and has met all the requirements to operate commercially. The permit contains all the motor carrier information such as Name, Mailing address, permit expiration date, and others.
HOW GLOBAL MULTI SERVICES CAN HELP YOU?
At Global Multi Services, we will help you take care of all the important information and documents required by the Department of Motor Vehicle. Our experienced team will help with the registration process and obtain your permit faster and hassle-free.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR MCP?
- Trucking companies or a person paid to transport freight in their motor carrier regardless of motor carrier size, type, or weight.
- Courier services that operate with motorcycles.
- Trucking companies or a person that operates a commercial vehicle that has more than a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 pounds. These include commercial use, private use.
- Truck companies that operate motor carriers hauling their personal goods or property.
- Motor carriers used for transporting hazardous material
- Any person or business entity operating a combination of a motor truck and auxiliary dollies, semi trailers, logging dollies, trailer, that is more than 40ft in length when combined. Except for camp trailers, utility trailers, and trailer coaches
- Any person or business entity operating a motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicle and trailer that requires a commercial driver license to operate. Except for vehicle combinations such as camp trailers, utility trailers, and trailer coaches.
MOTOR CARRIER PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
The following documents are required to obtain the MC permit:-
- Carrier Identification Number
- Completed motor carrier application form
- Proof of insurance
- Worker compensation insurance or signed exempted
- Valid Requester Code issued by the Employer Pull Notice (EPN) Program. This is mandatory if you employ drivers with a Commercial Class A, Commercial Class B, or Class C driver license with hazardous materials or any other applicable endorsement