Although, in the United States, there are federal departments to charge road tax from the commercial vehicles maneuvering on state and national highways. But some states still charge their own road taxes, supplementary to the state taxes, from the commercial vehicles, or the private vehicles of some specific categories, maneuvering on their state highways. Kentucky is one such state. In this blog, I am going to enlighten you about the supplementary road tax that the state of Kentucky charges from travelers traveling on their state highways, also called Kentucky permit, what are its key point, and how Global Multi Services is the best place for Kentucky Filing and other trucking permits.

What is Kentucky Permit?

Kentucky Permit enables you to pay Kentucky Highway Use Tax. According to this Kentucky Permit, all the vehicles that weigh a gross vehicle weight of 60,000 pounds and more, operating on the state highways of Kentucky, are entitled to pay tax, supplementary to other federal taxes, based on their vehicle weight and distance traveled within the borders of Kentucky. It is not like that this rule is just for those who are registered in Kentucky as their base jurisdiction, even those who are not registered in Kentucky but travel interstate and use the state highways of Kentucky, are also entitled to pay this tax. In order to apply for a Kentucky permit, and get your Kentucky Highway Use Tax License, you have to show your USDOT number along with an active operating authority and Unified Carrier Registration License. This gives the Kentucky authorities assurance that you are a licensed and registered motor carrier.

How to be biddable with the requirements of Highway Use Tax

Some states that charge their own highway taxes, make their taxpayers sign a bond which gives the state surety that no matter what they will receive their taxes, and the state of Kentucky is no different. Those who file for Kentucky Highway Use tax have to sign a Kentucky Highway Use Tax Bond. The Highway Use Tax bond works as a kind of extra protection for the state. If you have signed the Kentucky Highway Use Tax bond, you get financial backing from a surety provider who pays for you in an unfortunate circumstance when you fail to file the taxes to the states. But still, you will be liable for reimbursement later. The amount that you have to sign the bond for is based on your fleet size, or how many vehicles of the concerned category you own, and depending on that the bond amount could vary from $1000 to $50000.

Why choose Global Multi Services

Isn’t it better to have all your services from just one service provider instead of roaming to different service providers and different offices for specific services? Global Multi Services is the one-stop for all the trucking permits and trucking services. At Global Multi Services, the experts that provide Kentucky Permits and do Kentucky Filing, along with many other trucking services, are very profound and skilled at their jobs.


Those who have started trucking or trucking business after 1996 might not get the pain and nuisance that truckers operating before 1996 used to go through. Why was that? Before 1996, IFTA was not operating in the whole of the US, but since 1996 IFTA is operating in 48 states of the US, except Alaska and Hawaii, and 10 constituencies of Canada. In this blog, I am going to tell you about the nits and grits of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA License), how it has made the truckers’ life easier, and how Global Multi Services is one of the most booming companies in providing all kinds of proficient trucking related services.

What is IFTA?

The IFTA is the abbreviated form of the International Fuel Tax Agreement. This agreement was signed by the 48 States of the US and Canadian Provinces. It allowed the truckers and the fleet owners to pay their fuel taxes quarterly, and also, to pay their taxes based on the fuel charges specific to their base jurisdiction only. Otherwise, before 1996, the IFTA was established only in a few American states but each state used to charge its own fuel tax from the truckers traveling interstate, regardless of where the fuel was purchased. So, by time, this became chaotic, and very expensive too, for the truckers and fleet owners. Plus, as it was not used to be filed quarterly or annually but regularly, it also became an administrative menace for the trucking companies. Now the fuel taxes are just to be filed quarterly, and that too in your base jurisdiction which further distributes it to the states that you maneuvered from in that quarter.

Who are Eligible to get an IFTA Permit

Well, not everyone is blessed with the boon of getting an IFTA Permit as the IFTA has specified some vehicle requirements to get an IFTA Permit and IFTA Decals. The vehicles should lie under one of the following categories to get an IFTA permit:

  • The vehicle should at least have two axles with a maximum weight of 26,000 or 11,797 Kilograms.
  • The vehicles should at least have three or more axles.
  • And at last, those vehicles which have a gross vehicle weight of more than 26,000 lbs or 11,797 kilograms.

If your vehicle falls under any of the above categories and you travel interstate or across borders for commercial purposes, you are eligible to get an IFTA permit.

IFTA License & IFTA Decals

Getting into an IFTA Program and having an IFTA Permit are two different things. Anyone can get into an IFTA Program, but to get a License you have to apply officially with the required documents, plus your vehicle should also fulfill the requirements asked by IFTA.

To get the IFTA Permit and License you have to apply in your base jurisdiction, or if your state does not comply with IFTA you could apply in the neighboring state. The following list of documents are required:

  • USDOT Number
  • Registered Business Name
  • Mailing Address
  • Federal Business Number

Once you get the License you will be given a pair of IFTA Decals for each of your vehicles. And you could also apply for more than one pair of IFTA Decal, which will cost you some $25 for each pair.

How We Can Help

To file the fuel tax reports correctly and enjoy the tax benefits, truckers and trucking companies must keep a comprehensive record of their travel details, fuel consumption, and mileage. The experts at Global Multi Services will help you keep all records efficiently, and help you to apply for the IFTA permit as well, as we deal with all kinds of trucking permits and services.


I know how jaunty it feels to buy your own vehicle, whether it is a simple car or a truck. But buying a vehicle is not that easy, as someone might think it is just a simple give and take of money. To buy a vehicle, especially if you are buying a per-owned vehicle, a lot of paperwork and documentation need to be done, for a successful transfer. And such documentation needed to be done to get legit ownership of a vehicle is termed as Title Transfer. This blog is dedicated to providing you information regarding the process of Title Transfer, what does Title only and Partial Year Registration mean, and how you could utilize the services of Global Multi Services for a quick and genuine Title Transfer.

How to Transfer a Title

Having a Title Transferred is not a complex process, but it’s not very easy either. You could gather a lot of information about Title Transfer on the internet like I am giving in this blog, but there is no option to file a Title Transfer online, for that you have to go to your state’s DMV office and file that in person or you could take the help of Global Multi Services. Still, I am going to list the documents essential for a Title Transfer, following:

  • A signed, notarized, completely, and properly filed Title Transfer application.
  • Proof of the vehicle’s insurance coverage.
  • A document of sale and all other documents provided by the seller.
  • The insurance policy along with your name and sign.
  • Driving license
  • Title Transfer fee and additional fees, in case you want an instant transfer.

If you are Transferring the Title from your spouse’s name to yours, or are inheriting it in any other way, you need to provide probate along with the court’s certification.

As a buyer you might have to pay a late fee if you don’t get your Title Transferred within 30 days of its purchase.

Title Only

This section of the blog particularly concerns the truckers and trucking businesses, because Title Only services are usually for trailers, which does not require a transfer of registration but the Title Only. And the Title Only transfer further depends on the fact that whether the Trailer is going to be used for commercial purposes or not, and what is its weight category. In the registration process further, there are two kinds of registrations. One is registration on a lease, which could be for 1 to 5 years, and the other is permanent registration which is lifelong.

The non-commercial trailers with a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 lbs will be charged differently, for temporary and permanent registration, then the non-commercial trailers which have a gross vehicle weight of more than 10,000 lbs.

Partial Year Registration

The concept of Partial Year Registration is just to give flexibility to the consumers. As there used to be instances where the people do not want long-term ownership, so Partial Year Registration provides registration for any duration between 1-12 months. Those vehicles or pickups that weigh an unladen weight of 8,000 lbs and a gross vehicle weight of 10,001 lbs or less, have to pay a full registration fee along with a vehicle license, county, prorated unladen weight, and Partial Registration fees. The vehicles which weigh more than 10,001 lbs have to give the Cargo Theft Interdiction Program (CTIP) document, Commercial Vehicle Registration Act (CVRA) document, and the CVRA Decal fees, along with the prior document.

How Global Multi Services can help YOU

Global Multi Services have proficient and skilled experts for all kinds of Trucking services. Filing for Title Transfer is a very delicate process, and one wrong documentation could ruin the whole filing process, hence Global Multi Services will help you file the aptest Title Transfer, Title Only, and Partial Year Registration Documents.